Wednesday, September 24, 2014

you are LOVED

i have found during this time in my life i need the reminder more visually.

once again natural life came to my rescue (they feed my addiction to owls and cute things!) with a reminder that i am loved by many, many people; to many to list but all in my heart.


i often feel mists of doubt, discouragement, fear, and frustration surround my thoughts. i know this is not how god would have me live my "life worth living." he would have me feel hopeful and think positive about the future - looking to it with bright faith.

i had to look back and remember my motto for 2014 : 

"i am only one idea, one dream, or one person away from my miracle. don't give up. 
the future is bright."

and it is true. a miracle does await me. i'm sure if i took a moment to reflect, miracles have already taken place in my year as it is almost october! but that is for another post.

i want to focus on you are loved.
 
one of my favorite church leaders is a man named dieter f uchtdorf. he will be speaking in a meeting on october 4-5 called general conference. i think he has so much wisdom and i love hearing his voice. it comforts my soul. these are some quotes taken from different talks he has given over the years about how god loves and knows you. the italicized part are my thoughts on what he said.

“Never give up on anyone. And that includes not giving up on yourself.” god will never give up on me. he will never give up on you. so don't 'shoot yourself in the foot' and give up on yourself.
 
“It is good advice to slow down a little, steady the course, and focus on the essentials when experiencing adverse conditions.” adversity is sure to come in life, and when it does, focus on the essential things that will get you through the moment. for me that is daily prayer and scripture reading, writing, using my dbt skills, and going to counseling. that's how i simplify. how would you simplify?
 
“Sandwiched between their (he's talking about Disney Princesses) “once upon a time” and “happily ever after,” they all had to experience great adversity. Why must all experience sadness and tragedy? Why could we not simply live in bliss and peace, each day filled with wonder, joy, and love? The scriptures tell us there must be opposition in all things, for without it we could not discern the sweet from the bitter. Would the marathon runner feel the triumph of finishing the race had she not felt the pain of the hours of pushing against her limits? Would the pianist feel the joy of mastering an intricate sonata without the painstaking hours of practice?” even though i really hate the bad days, they help me appreciate the good days even more. on days where i am depressed, have low energy, am anxious, feel seizure-ie, and am craving sweets from the pcos i feel upset and almost out of my mind. on days where i can manage my emotions, take my walk, eat well, get a good amount of sleep, blog, interact with friends and family, i feel more like myself and i feel well and in better control of my mind and body.
 
“One key relationship we have is with ourselves. It may seem odd to think of having a relationship with ourselves, but we do. Some people can’t get along with themselves. They criticize and belittle themselves all day long until they begin to hate themselves. May I suggest that you reduce the rush and take a little extra time to get to know yourself better. Walk in nature, watch a sunrise, enjoy God’s creations, ponder the truths of the restored gospel, and find out what they mean for you personally. Learn to see yourself as Heavenly Father sees you—as His precious daughter or son with divine potential.” learn to love yourself as god loves you. learn to see yourself as god sees you. use god's measuring stick - not the world's - to measure your success in life.
 
“There are those among you who, although young, have already suffered a full measure of grief and sorrow. My heart is filled with compassion and love for you. How dear you are to the Church. How beloved you are of your Heavenly Father. Though it may seem that you are alone, angels attend you. Though you may feel that no one can understand the depth of your despair, our Savior, Jesus Christ, understands. He suffered more than we can possibly imagine, and He did it for us; He did it for you. You are not alone.” you are not alone. christ understands. and there are angels - seen and unseen - who are there to lift and support you.
 
“…Hold on a little longer—even when things look bleak. Know and remember this: the Lord loves you. He remembers you. And He will ever sustain those who ‘endure in faith to the end’ (D&C 20:25).” god remembers you. keep going. he's right there with you.
 
“Though we are incomplete, God loves us completely. Though we are imperfect, He loves us perfectly. Though we may feel lost and without compass, God's love encompasses us completely. ... He loves every one of us, even those who are flawed, rejected, awkward, sorrowful, or broken.” oh how many times i have felt broken! but god's love encompasses all of that - and with his love i can be healed. it is such a hopeful thought.
 
“I would like to use this little flower as a metaphor. The five petals of the little forget-me-not flower prompt me to consider five things we would be wise never to forget....first, forget not to be patient with yourself...second, forget not the difference between a good sacrifice and a foolish sacrifice...third, forget not to be happy now...fourth, forget not the why of the gospel...fifth, forget not that the Lord loves you.” the lord loves YOU.
 
“I do know now I was never forgotten. And I know something else and as an apostle of our master Jesus Christ, I proclaim with all the certainty and conviction of my heart and soul, neither are you. You are not forgotten! Sisters, wherever you are, whatever the circumstances may be, you are not forgotten. No matter how dark your days may seem, no matter how insignificant you may feel, no matter how overshadowed you think you may be, your Heavenly Father has not forgotten you. In fact, He loves you with an infinite love. Just think of it! You are known and remembered by the most majestic, powerful and glorious Being in the universe. You are loved by the King of infinite space and everlasting time. He who created and knows the stars knows you and your name. You are the daughters of His kingdom!” i LOVE this quote! you are NOT forgotten by god. he knows your name. he knows YOU. he is aware of you. and he will lift and strengthen you in moments when you feel weakest. he has done it for me. and i know he will do it for you.

life is not for sissies, that's for darn sure! but we can do it. you are loved. i am loved. we are loved and watched over by god and his angels.
 
one step at a time. one moment at a time. one breath at a time.
 
 josh groban - you are loved

No comments:

Post a Comment