Tuesday, July 1, 2014

i dedicate this to you :)

my dear, sweet, w,

i gave you a standing ovation the other day when you texted me and told me about the struggles you were going through. it takes courage and bravery to speak up for yourself when you are faced with feelings of anxiety and depression. often times these feelings come at times when we are not expecting them. you have been under some extreme pressure lately. remember that. none of this is your 'fault.' remember that too. we have a strong family history of these two mental health issues and it's nothing to be ashamed of. you are going to get help. rock ON girl. rock on.

here are three phrases for the coming days when life may seem overwhelming :

handle one stupid thing at a time.

it's ok if the only thing you did today was breathe.

don't let the rush rush you.

here are some things that help me when i'm feeling anxious :

ice packs. i like the chattnooga ones.

TIP

a cool drink from sonic or sonic ice to chew on (send the hubby or go yourself if you need time away :)

a weighted blanket - this gives me deep pressure that i am usually seeking and calms my sensory system.

a cool shower with aromatherapy shower gel from bath and body works to calm my senses.

here are some things that help me when i'm feeling depressed :

recently, going walking a couple times a week.

going to visit my friends with babies - baby-therapy (Jo!).

going to see a movie by myself.

sometimes curling up in my bed, pulling the covers over my head, and having a good cry really helps.

getting my nails painted a bright color.

there are lots of other things i do too - scream, swear, break glass, call my therapist, drive fast, visit friends, etc - some options better than others lol but this is just to get you started.

i love you so much. i am proud of your journey and the steps you are taking to make your life better for yourself and your family. i know you will be successful. i am always here/hear. i'm so close, just a text, phone call, fb message away. 

xo always


No comments:

Post a Comment