Friday, April 18, 2014

25 things in 25 years

today is my 25th birthday. i can't believe how time has passed. i haven't wanted this 'milestone' birthday to come, but like all days, it does, and so i must accept it. i'm practicing radical acceptance and breathing in each moment, trusting that all will be well.


i have learned so much in my 25 years on earth.


1 - god loves me. he knows me. he has a plan for me. this plan has been very different than the seemingly perfect plan i had set out for myself when i was 16, but i am beginning to see how wise his plan is.


2 - i can do hard things. 


3 - i will carry on the legacy of love mamaw showed me in my own way in my life. i feel her influence every day and i love her very much.


4 - i have treasured friendships that will last a lifetime.


5 - my emotions fit the facts of situations i am faced with. this has been valuable and validating.


6 - i am a good student.


7 - i am a creative decorator who likes her space put together and organized.


8 - i can endure a lot of nausea and vomiting. something i never thought i'd learn about myself.


9 - i feel loss deeply.


10 - i am a dedicated servant of god and want to honor him in my life.


11 - i love having my hair colored, my back rubbed, and my arms tickled :)


12 - my mental health matters and it will be something i work on for the rest of my life.


13 - every experience in my life has been to build me up, not tear me down.


14 - i have a supportive family.


15 - i. love. dark. chocolate. the darker, the better.


16 - music speaks to my soul and i enjoy bustin' a move alone in my room.


17 - timing is everything, and when the times is right for the next experience in my life, god brings me to it.


18 - lavender vanilla febreeze is one of my favorite scents.


19 - i am a willing person.


20 - i am a good, competent, kind therapist.


21 - i listen with a compassionate and empathetic ear to what others have to say.


22 - i love to drive my car!


23 - sleep is really important to me and i love naps.


24 - i enjoy writing (especially on my blog :)


25 - i am a steady, constant, skillful person who can be counted on.

these are some of the truths i have come to know about myself over the years. i am grateful for the life i am living. maybe not the one i expected to be living at this age, it's still a good one, filled with purpose and hope. hope that there is a bright future ahead filled with joy. i know my suffering and pain now is not over looked by god - and the truth is he is blessing me despite the hardships. not always in the way i want or expect but blessings are blessings and i'll take them!

look to the future with faith and hope - it is bright.

"look to me in every thought. doubt not, fear not"


No comments:

Post a Comment