Saturday, November 2, 2013

grateful

i like when people post on facebook everyday what they are grateful for. this year i thought i'd do it on my blog. i'll just update this everyday or every few days with what i am grateful for as the month goes on.



1 - today i am grateful for walks. i am enjoying the cooler weather here in tx and the *finally* changing leaves. it is nice to feel the breeze and sunshine (though as we all know, not too much) on my skin as i walk around the neighborhood.

2 - today i am grateful for my friends. i have been blessed with kind, loving, caring friends who would do anything for me. i love texting a all of my sarcastic comments :) i love texting s and having her text back "i would love to read a one page journal entry on that." i love texting c about her life and my life and how we are each handling the ups and downs. there are other a's, s's, j's, l's, c's, k, m, e, and on and on in my life who support - love - encourage and uplift me. i am grateful for them.

3 - today i am grateful for a girl named blanca. in my service calling at church her calling is to assist/support/help me and she does an AMAZING job! i'm so grateful for her help today.

4 - today i am grateful for prayer. i know god hears and answers my prayers. both big and small. he showed me that again today. so grateful.

5 - today i am grateful for the sweet grandma who let me go in front of her in line at dollar tree. i had 3 things and she had a cart full and she kindly let me go first as we were the only two in line. what a doll.

6 - today i am grateful for A!!!!! it was her birthday and i had such a FABULOUS time celebrating with her! i got to watch her open her gift from me, we went to lunch at our fav restaurant, then we had a private partaaay dancing and laughing until we were both in tears of joy :) it was a wonderful way to spend my day.

7 -  today i am GRATEFUL for airbags, angels, paramedics, policemen, doctors, nurses, medicines, family, friends, prayer, and the many tender mercies from a loving Heavenly Father.

8 - today i am grateful for my therapist susan and how she helped me process the car wreck // aftermath.

9 - today i am grateful for my friend amanda who took my pictures for my christmas card! she did a wonderful job and made the experience fun :)

10 - today i am grateful for church and for the comfort the services bring me.

11 - today i am grateful for facetime and that i got to ft with s and see her.

12 - today i am grateful for the baileys, the gardners, and the lisonbees and that they decorated our front door with hearts and cards and posters of love and get better! it brings tears to my eyes and joy to my heart and humility to my soul the amazing outpouring of love so many people have shown b and i through this time.

13 - today i am grateful for powerful prayers.

14 - today i am grateful for my dbt group therapy class.

15 - today i am grateful for the technician who did the ultrasound of my abdomen. she was a god-send and an answer to many prayers. we talked about trusting god and his timing; how god puts us where he wants us to be; how life doesn't always go the way we planned and that's usually to bring us to god; and how god directs each life. at the end i gave her a big hug and thanked her for making my day.

16 - today i am grateful for gatorade, goldfish, and zofran. i have had an upset stomach all day and those three things have really helped me get through the day. bless the makers of them!

17 - today i am grateful for my nieces! they are a joy and a blessing to me. they make me smile and lift me up when i'm sad. their moms are incredible friends of mine and i am thankful to have them in my life.

18 - today i am grateful for the emotion 'anger' and its function to get me to look at my problems instead of avoid them (this is what i learned in my counseling session today). i am grateful that i can feel angry - that i have that right when it fits the facts - and that it's ok to be angry at times.

19 - today i am grateful for the scripture 'oh god where art thou? and where is the pavilion that covereth thy hiding place?' and grateful for this talk that was an answer to my unspoken prayer. it healed my soul.

20 - today i am grateful for doctors who don't forget about me after i walk out of their office; doctors who coordinate care and talk about me and care about me and my health so that i can get better.

21 - today i am grateful for the lady i lived with while i was on my mission, m, and ALL she did/does for me. i am in az visiting her at her house and already she has done so much to make me feel at home and comfortable.

22 - today i am grateful for meds. so so grateful for them and that they can get me through anxious moments and will hopefully soon lift me from this depression.

23 - today i am grateful for delicious hazelnut nutella cake and my amazing aunt l who lives in az who i get to visit with :)

24 - today i am grateful for facetime and my amazing cousins l, j, and m.

25 - today i am grateful for airplanes and that they make it possible for me to visit those i love.

26 - today i am grateful for pain medication and naps!

27 - today i am grateful for big toes - because seriously when they are broken - like both of mine are right now - or better expressed - 'out of order' - it makes life very difficult. so to all the big toes out there - thank you for all you do!
 
28 - today i am grateful for turkey and the first thanksgiving and the great abundance of food, love, family, and friends in my life.

29 - today i am grateful for fresh flowers and delicious mexican food.

30 - today i am grateful for beautiful red nails :)

and that wraps up 30 days of thanks. what a wonderful way to spend each day - reflecting in how grateful i am for all of god's tender mercies big and small.

today and always, i am so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment