Friday, November 8, 2013

accidents happen

yesterday my sister, b, and i were in a car accident. we were going north in her (mercifully) new toyota camery when an older ford pickup came at us going east. he t-boned us - we hit his passenger side with the front of our car. it was very traumatic for b as i am still having the seizure type episodes and had one right after the crash. she pulled me from the car and onto the grass and many many strangers (well, actually angels) stopped to help and assist and call 911. we were blessed by god's great mercy in so many ways. b's right leg is bruised and banged pretty bad and she's sore all over. my back and stomach hurt pretty bad and i'm sore from where the seat belt pulled me back but that's it. we literally walked away from what could have been a life changing event. i won't comment on the other driver. i have little to no compassion for him and his personal choices which affected his ability to make good driving decisions. maybe in a few weeks i'll be able to feel differently. he is ok too.



b and i were both taken by ambulance to the hospital and got checked out. we both got cat scans and were deemed a-ok. we were given medicine to help with the pain as days 2 and 3 are the worst - and this being day 2 i believe that! we high fived each other at 4 am this morning as we each took our pain meds :)



i believe in miracles. and i believe in a god of miracles. and i believe i witnessed a miracle yesterday. i saw my counselor today and she asked me what i learned from this experience : well, i learned that i want to live. that i want to keep going. yes, my life is hard. and yes, i want to give up some days, but really and truly i want to have my own family, i want to be married, i want my career back, i want my life back, i want to LIVE. i am here on this earth, in allen texas, living with my family, for a reason. i have a purpose. i have a great work to do in my life. i am a worth-full individual. i wish i could have recorded our session. it was very therapeutic and helpful. i saw how much good this accident did. god is the author and finisher of time. he will decide when my work on this earth is over and it's time for me to come home. until then, i will stay and live each day.


6 comments:

  1. i'm so sorry to hear about the accident, but what an amazing lesson to learn from it! love you lots:) (and holler to B for me! you girls are so darling!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was and still is a pretty amazing lesson to learn. i'm still in awe from it all. love you lots too! xo

      Delete
  2. You both deserve like ten billion standing ovations. Seriously. I am beyond relieved you both are okay. You are both such lovely, talented, wonderful, beautiful women. For reals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) you are very sweet. i'm glad we are ok too. we were very blessed. becca is lucky to have a friend like you.

      Delete
  3. What a blessing it is to take this tragic event and turn it into a learning experience. I love your positive attitude toward life. Miss you glad you are okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for your kind words :) miss you too and hope all is well in ca. xo

      Delete