Monday, January 14, 2013

my fantasy

right now ::: in this moment ::: is the following

beep ... beep ... beep ... the slow steady rhythm of my heart monitor. four sticky patches on my chest. one on my upper right quarter, one on my upper left quarter, one under my left breast, one on my left side. a clip on my right index finger for pulse. red light shining from it. clear tubing coming from my nose sending pure oxygen into my body. a large iv coming from my left arm where daily food is given. on iv on the top of my right hand taped down tight where medication is given. an iv in my right arm where blood work is taken weekly. my hair is down around my face, straight. my eyes are shut. my features are sedated. i'm wearing a blue and white striped hospital gown. white blankets cover me and hide the catheter. my feet are covered with two pairs of socks and an extra blanket wrapped around them. i am the only one in the room. it is dim with light trying to peer in from the closed windows. the white curtain is draped around my bed. no clock. one chair with no one in it. just monitors and a steady beep ... beep ... beep ...

"what you take for granted someone else is praying for"



No comments:

Post a Comment