Monday, June 18, 2012

--- i am the best me ---

--- and you are the best you ---
my a/c stopped working sunday night. and though i cried - balled actually - i was the best me i could be in that moment. i submitted a work order. i cried. i didn't cut. i cried. i took my meds. i cried. i went to bed.
that was the best me.
and today, they put in a whole new a/c unit - and after two hours of running it, my house remained at 80 - and so i'm being the best me.
i'm watching tv - and not cutting - i'm writing on my blog - and not screaming - i'm eating my dinner - and not hitting.
and that is the best me in this moment.
i love what dr. seuss has to say on the subject of
y o u

today you are you!
that is truer than true!
there is no one alive,
who is you-er than you!
shout aloud 'i am lucky
to be what i am!
thank goodness i'm not
just a clam or a ham
or a dusty old jar of
sour gooseberry jam!
i am what i am!
that's a great thing to be!
if i say so myself,
happy everyday to me!

live today, love today, embrace today.
and be the best y o u.

today

No comments:

Post a Comment