Friday, June 1, 2012

feeling wheel



my counselor gave this to me today and. i. love. it.

sometimes i want lots of words to describe how i'm feeling. ex: i'm feeling happy and i want to describe my feelings with lots of words like daring, playful and optimistic.

other times i'm so overwhelmed that i just need a simple word to describe how i feel. ex: i'm feeling stupid, inferior, sleepy, and i'm isolating = i feel sad.

either way - whether i want descriptive words or one simple word - it's all right there in a lovely circular shape.

and as my counselor said, "no feeling is bad. they are here to teach you."

how are you feeling?

4 comments:

  1. Very strange. This is basically the same thing as this one, but half the words have been removed and some have been changed. Not sure it's an improvement.

    http://lifehacker.com/find-the-perfect-word-for-your-feelings-with-this-vocab-1653013241

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very interesting - I think both are good tools for helping someone express their feelings. Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  2. thank for sharing also. Iam learning also to recorngise and call my feeling expressions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found this helpful! It's so important to recognize and understand out feelings.

      Delete